This recipe takes a bit of preparation, but it turns inexpensive steak kabobs into delightful company meat that is perfect for grilling on a fall evening or broiling on the stove. Serve nestled in a bed of pilaf or with a side of vegetables.
(Egg Free, Nut Free)
Steak Kabobs with Romano Cheese
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sherry or red wine
- 2 cloves garlic; crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or minced very fine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Freshly coarse-ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- Pound the steak with a meat mallet to tenderize.
- Marinate overnight.
- Remove from marinade (discard marinade) and let drain.
- Pat lightly with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle both sides lightly with black pepper.
- Sprinkle the meat with the Romano cheese.
- Mash the garlic, salt and basil, cilantro and parsley together into a paste.
- Spread evenly on the steak.
- Roll the steak into a tight jelly roll form and slice into ¾ inch thick rolls.
- Thread through skewers. Grill or broil 15 - 20 minutes or until done.
- Turn once half-way through cooking.
Pin and share this Steak Kabobs with Romano Cheese recipe!