A quick and easy pineapple beef stir fry using an inexpensive cut of beef. Start the meat marinating and the brown rice cooking when you come home from work. Start stir-frying a few minutes before dinner and serve piping hot with the vegetables still crunchy.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free)
Pineapple Beef Stir Fry
- 1 lb Alderspring organic grass fed beef Top Round London Broil steak cut ½ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry can use red wine vinegar or water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses can use brown sugar or honey
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Juice from can of pineapple below
- Olive oil
- 1 8 oz can pineapple slices (juice pack)
- 4 green onions cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium tomato cut into wedges
- 1 6 oz package frozen pea pods, thawed
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Partially freeze meat (or partially thaw); cut on bias into very thin bite-size strips.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Cut pineapple slices into chunks, and set aside.
- In a bowl stir together reserved pineapple juice, dry sherry, soy sauce, molasses, and red pepper.
- Add meat; stir till coated.
- Cover and marinate meat in the refrigerator 1 hour.
- Drain well, reserving marinade.
- Stir-fry half of meat in 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet or wok.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or till browned.
- Remove meat.
- Add a bit more oil to pan and stir-fry remaining meat, onions and pepper for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Return all meat to skillet.
- Push meat from center of skillet.
- Stir cornstarch into reserved marinade.
- Add sauce to center of skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add tomato, pea pods, and pineapple.
- Stir ingredients together until coated with sauce.
- Cook and stir about 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Pin and share this Pineapple Beef Stir Fry recipe!