This top round London broil steak with Parmesan is baked for ultimate tenderness, and the cheesy sauce is great with noodles or rice. Sure to be a family favorite. You can also make this dish ahead and freeze. Just bake until done, then cool, add the mozzarella, cover tightly with plastic wrap and then foil, and freeze. Remove from freezer the night before, and allow to thaw in the refrigerator for about 24 hours, then bake about 30 minutes until hot and the cheese melted.
(Nut Free, Soy Free)
Top Round London Broil Steak with Parmesan
- 1 ½ to 2 lb Alderspring organic grass fed beef Top Round London Broil steak about ¾ inch thick
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup fine dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil or shortening
- 1 can 15 ½ oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can 8 oz tomato sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons dry red wine can use red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey can use brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cut round steak in serving-size pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge meat and pound on both sides to tenderize and flatten.
- Mix egg with water.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Dip each piece of meat in egg mixture and then dredge in bread crumb mixture, coating thoroughly and evenly.
- Brown in hot olive oil in large oven-proof skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove meat and scrape up bits of browned pieces.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, wine and honey and simmer 5 minutes in Dutch oven.
- Return meat to Dutch oven or skillet. (Alternatively, place meat in a 13x9 inch baking dish and pour sauce over meat).
- Cover tightly with foil or lid and bake for 90 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of meat and broil until cheese melts and starts to brown.
Pin and share this Top Round London Broil Steak with Parmesan recipe!