The ketchup and paprika in this recipe introduce a little bite and color into the typical creamy beef stroganoff. This is a good dinner option to help warm you up on chilly winter evenings. Serve over brown rice, noodles, wild rice, or quinoa.
(Egg Free, Nut Free)
- 2 lb Alderspring organic grass fed beef Top Round London Broil steak cut into pieces and pounded with a mallet
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 lb mushrooms thinly sliced
- Cut beef into serving sized pieces and pound with a meat mallet.
- Cook onion in olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy skillet until transparent.
- Remove from pan.
- Dredge meat in flour and brown in same pan.
- Return onions to pan.
- Add mushrooms, ketchup, paprika, pepper and 1 cup of water.
- Turn on low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add sour cream and soy sauce.
- If too thick, add up to ½ cup milk.
- Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked brown rice, noodles, wild rice, or quinoa.
Pin and share this Beef Stroganoff recipe!