These marinated round steak kabobs make for an easy grilling recipe using summer vegetables. The cherry tomatoes hold their shape better if you use ones that are slightly unripe and cradle them with pieces of pepper.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free)
Round Steak Kabobs
- 1 lb Alderspring organic grass fed beef Top Round London Broil steak
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 10 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large yellow squash cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 green and 1 red pepper seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil or butter
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Cut steak into 1 ½ inch pieces and place in zip-top plastic bag.
- Combine vinegar, water, soy sauce, honey, seasonings and garlic.
- Pour half over steak and reserve and refrigerate half to use for a basting sauce when grilling.
- Seal bag well, turn to distribute, and refrigerate about 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from bag and let marinade drain off.
- Discard used marinade.
- Thread steak, mushrooms, squash, and peppers on 4 (15 inch) skewers (if you're using wood skewers soak them in water for 30 minutes first).
- Brush kabobs with melted butter or olive oil.
- Place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Grill approximately 6 minutes on each side, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Pin and share these Round Steak Kabobs!