This bean and beef stew recipe makes for a stew that is hearty and healthy, filled with beans, onion, corn, and a tomato base. Enjoy with a salad and dense, whole wheat bread with herbed butter.
For a gluten free option dredge your meat in rice flour instead of wheat flour.
(Gluten Free Option, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Beef and Bean Stew
- ½ cup flour or rice flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Stew Beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs coarsely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 can
- ¾ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 16 oz kidney beans
- Mix flour, paprika, garlic salt, and cayenne in a plastic bag.
- Add meat and toss to cover.
- Brown in 2 tablespoons oil in a Dutch oven.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Add remaining oil and saute the onions and celery.
- Add water, tomato paste, corn, sage, thyme and beef.
- Simmer on stove top for 1 ½ hours.
- Add kidney beans and simmer another 15 minutes.
Pin and share this Bean and Beef Stew Recipe!