This stew is chock full of vegetables and warmth, and a great idea for cooking stew beef. It can be cooked on the stove top or simmered all day long in a crock pot. Either way it fills up the house with the aroma of home-cooked-goodness perfect for cold winter days.
(Dairy Free, Nut Free)
Beef and Vegetable Stew
- 3 lbs Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Stew Beef
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups water
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes cut into 1 inch chunks
- 5 large carrots cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 green pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- Toss stew meat in flour inside a plastic bag.
- Brown in salad dressing in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and water to barely cover.
- Cover with tight-fitting lid and simmer for 1 ½ hour.
- Or brown meat in a heavy fry pan, and then add remaining ingredients and cook in a crock pot for up to 10 hours on low.
Pin and Share this Cooking Stew Beef: Vegetable and Beef Stew Recipe!