As unusual as coffee and cocoa with meat may seem, this combination gives this London broil steak an earthy, rich flavor.
Note: You can also use a top sirloin, sirloin tip, or cube steak in this recipe!
(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo, LowFODMAP, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Watch the below videos to see how to make the steak.
London Broil Steak with Coffee Cocoa Rub (Recipe and Video)
- 1 London Broil Steak Top Sirloin Steak, or Sirloin Tip Steak.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coffee ground
- Sprinkle half of the salt, cocoa, and coffee over the steak and rub in well.
- Sprinkle the other half of the salt, cocoa, and coffee over the other side of the steak and rub in well.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and coat the bottom well with olive oil.
- Put the steak into the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, flip, and cook the other side for about 3 minutes.
- If you’re not sure if it’s done, check the temperature: 125 degrees F for rare, 135 degrees F for medium rare, and 140 degrees F for well done.
- Remove from heat and rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing against the grain. See video on how to slice against the grain.