This easy and tasty vegetable stir fry with sirloin tip recipe will provide an allergen-free dinner. In this recipe, by adding the chopped steak to the vegetables at the last minute, you insure a flavorful and moist stir fry!
(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo, GAPS, Egg Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Sirloin Tip Vegetable Stir Fry
- 2 sirloin tip steaks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 medium-sized zucchini finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized carrot very thinly chopped
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried and ground
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt half for vegetables, half for steaks
- Thaw the steaks to room temperature.
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic.
- Chop the onion, zucchini, carrot, and bell pepper.
- Put the veggies a medium-sized cast iron pan with a little bit of olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Add the seasonings, turn to medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally. Be sure to get the veggies good and brown.
- Heat another pan that will fit both steaks to just above medium heat.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with oil, and wait until the pan is hot.
- Coat both sides of each steak with salt.
- Put the steaks into the pan (oil will splatter, so be careful), and cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cook until medium rare (about 130 degrees F).
- Remove from heat and allow the steaks to rest covered on a plate for a few minutes.
- Don’t turn off the pan.
- Instead, pour the vegetables into the steak pan and allow the vegetables to finish cooking in that pan as the steak rests. This way the vegetables will absorb some of that delicious flavor from the fond (the little brown bits left in the pan).
- Once the steaks have rested for about five minutes, slice against the grain and drop the pieces into the vegetables.
- Turn the pan up to medium high and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes more before serving onto 2 plates.
Pin and share this vegetable stir fry with sirloin tip recipe.