This recipe for beef brisket allows you to do most of the cooking the day before, and then add the brisket glaze the day you serve it. Whip up the sweet, fruity apple glaze, coat the roast and cook for an hour longer, serve and enjoy!
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free)
Beef Brisket with Fruity Apple Brisket Glaze
- 4 to 5 lb Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Brisket
- 1 onion quartered
- 4 lg. garlic cloves quartered
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 14 oz jar apple jelly
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons minced green onions including tops
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- In a large Dutch oven, lay brisket, onion, garlic, cloves, and enough water to just cover. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer gently for 3-4 hours.
- Drain brisket and refrigerate in a covered dish until the next day.
- For the glaze, combine apple jelly, wine, mustard, green onions, salt, pepper and curry powder in small saucepan and heat gently until jelly melts.
- Place brisket in shallow roasting pan, brush with glaze and roast in slow oven (225 degrees F) about 1 hour, basting about every 15 minutes. Broil for a few minutes at the end to slightly caramelize glaze.
- Place on a heated serving platter and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice thinly across the grain.
- Brisket also may be cooked on charcoal grill for 30 minutes, basting often with glaze.
Pin and Share this Beef Brisket with Fruity Apple Brisket Glaze Recipe!