This brisket recipe is a great, easy meal because you can leave it alone in the oven for hours while you go about your business, and at the end of the day you’ll have a nice steamy roast in front of you. The apricots in this one add a nice, fruity flavor and the cinnamon a bit of depth.
(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo, GAPS Option, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Brisket with Apricots
- 1 lb apricots dried
- 4 cups water
- 2 onions minced
- 4 lb Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Brisket
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wash the apricots and soak in the water for 1 hour.
- Saute the onions in the oil; remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Increase the heat and sear the meat in the oil.
- Add the salt, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and undrained apricots.
- Cover tightly and bake 3 hours at 300 degrees F.