This steak is very easy to make–just prepare the marinade, refrigerate the marinating steak overnight, and cook the next day for 10 minutes. The sweetness of the orange marmalade contrasts nicely with the added spices and both tenderizes and glazes the flank steak.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free)
Spiced Orange Marmalade Flank Steak
- 12- oz jar orange marmalade
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 12- oz Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Flank Steak
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the steak and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside 1 cup of the marinade. Add the steak to the remaining marinade and coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, boil the reserved marinade for 5 minutes, or until thickened to a glaze consistency.
- Preheat a grill.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and sprinkle both sides with pepper.
- Grill until medium rare to medium, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and let the steak rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Brush the reserved marinade over the steak and cut against the grain into thin slices. Serve warm.