The combination of lemon and ginger in this beef top round roast give it just the right amount of zing. You can also use your chuck or eye of round roast for this recipe to make tender and flavorful cubes of beef to serve over couscous or rice if you’re gluten-free!
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Gluten Free Option, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Lemon Ginger Beef Top Round Roast with Couscous or Rice
- 1 ½ pounds beef boneless top round or chuck roast cut into cubes
- 1 cup beef broth
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander leaves chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried coriander leaves)
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse-ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 3 slices of lemon cut in half
- 2 large firm tomatoes seeded and chopped paste tomatoes like Romas are good
- Cooked rice or couscous
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except couscous (or rice) in an ungreased Dutch oven.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Serve over couscous or rice.