Served on toasted French bread, this simple tenderloin steak recipe is made elegant with a creamy mushroom sauce.
For a gluten free option replace the 2 teaspoons of flour in the mushroom sauce with 2 teaspoons of sweet rice flour and serve over slices of gluten free bread or on a bed of rice.
(Gluten Free Option, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free)
Tenderloin Steak with Mushroom Sauce
- ¾ lb firm fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon coarse-ground white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream heated
- 6 Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Filet Mignon Steaks thawed
- 6 slices whole wheat French bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup merlot or burgundy wine
- Slice mushrooms and sauté in 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add flour and a bit of pepper to taste, and gently stir until flour just barely starts to brown.
- Stir in warm cream and simmer until starts to thicken.
- Keep warm while you sauté the steaks in a separate skillet in hot butter, 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Toast bread slices.
- Top with filets and mushroom sauce.
- Stir wine into pan juices, boil for a minute or two and then pour over steaks.
- Serve immediately