The richness of the tomato, corn, and beef filling for this hot pie is balanced out nicely by the puff pastry topping. You can also use other vegetables in the filling such as potatoes, carrots, or peas. Serve with a side of vegetables or a salad.
(Egg Free, Nut Free)
- 1 ½ lb Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Stew Beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 14 oz can tomatoes with their juice
- 12 oz can corn niblets with their juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry thawed
- Heat half of the oil in a fry pan.
- Fry onion and garlic for 1-2 mins.
- Remove and put aside.
- Heat a little more oil on high.
- Brown beef in small batches, removing each batch before adding the next.
- Return beef and onion to pan.
- Add tomatoes, corn and Worcestershire sauce, stirring to combine.
- Cover and simmer gently for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If hotpot needs thickening, boil with lid off for 10-15 mins.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer contents to oven-proof casserole dish, cover with pastry, pinching edges to make a frill.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Pin and share this Beef Hot Pie recipe.