This is the best ground beef taco meat recipe! It’s so versatile! You can serve this taco meat in soft or hard-shell tortillas, or spoon over chips and cover with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and cheese for taco salad. This meat mixture freezes well, too. You can make a batch of 5-6 lbs of meat and freeze meal-sized portions in freezer bags. I usually add a diced small onion as I’m browning the meat. You can also increase the fiber and decrease cost by adding two cans of pinto beans and doubling the seasonings.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
The Best Ground Beef Taco Meat Recipe
- 1 lb Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cans of pinto beans optional, double the seasonings if adding
- Mix all the seasonings and flour together.
- Brown meat in a pan on medium, breaking apart into small pieces.
- Sprinkle seasoning over and work around the pan until the meat just starts to stick to the pan.
- Add water and simmer briefly to reduce liquid and allow to thicken.