This spicy round steak recipe is similar to pepper steak, but with fewer peppers and a sauce with a rich clove aroma. Don’t like using ketchup? Just make your own! Mix 1 cup tomato paste with 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon onion powder, a dash of salt and some water to thin to the proper consistency. If you’re pressed for prep time try this: skip the pounding part and lower the oven temperature to 200 degrees F, add a bit more water, and cook for 3 hours. This is also excellent in the crock pot.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free)
Spicy Round Steak Recipe
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon pepper coarsely ground
- 2 lb Alderspring organic grass fed beef Top Round London Broil steak– ½ inch thick
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 lemon sliced thin
- 1 green and 1 red pepper seeded and cut into long thin slices
- 5 whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Cut steak into serving-sized pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge steak in flour mixture; place steak between two sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten steak with a meat mallet or the edge of a heavy ceramic plate.
- Brown steak in oil.
- Place in baking dish or Dutch oven.
- Blend ketchup and water; pour around steak and add onion, lemon, green pepper and cloves.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil or Dutch lid; place on lower rack of oven.
- Bake for about 90 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin and share this Spicy Round Steak recipe!