These pepper beef rolls turn an inexpensive cut into a special meal. The prep time is decreased if you use round steak that has been flattened and tenderized by your butcher instead of your own meat mallet. For an additional special touch, use a mix of red, yellow and green peppers.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Pepper Beef Rolls
- 1 lb Alderspring organic grass fed beef top round London broil steak cut ½ inch thick and trimmed of separable fat
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 12 green pepper strips 3-4 inches long
- 8 green onions 3-4 inches long
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely chopped carrots
- Cut steak into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Using a meat mallet, pound each piece to ⅛-inch thickness.
- Spread one side of each beef piece with 1 teaspoon of mustard.
- Place 3 pepper strips and 2 green onions at a short end of each beef piece and roll up.
- Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Brown on all sides in olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Remove from skillet and add chopped onion.
- Cook until just tender.
- Sprinkle flour into pan and let brown slightly.
- Add broth and cook until thickened.
- Add wine, carrots and meat rolls.
- Cover and simmer on low or bake at 350 degrees F for 1-2 hours.
Pin and share these pepper beef rolls.