Forget precooking noodles, this easy meat lasagna recipe is fast and delicious, about 15-20 minutes preparation and 45 minutes baking. You can also make up several of these, bake them 30 minutes, then cool and freeze for easy later meals (defrost in your refrigerator overnight, bake the following day). Add a salad and a crusty garlic bread for an easy meal.
(Nut Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Easy Meat Lasagna Recipe
- 1.5 lb Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 26-30 oz spaghetti sauce
- 14 1/2 oz can Italian diced tomatoes
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 10-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season beef with salt; stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and red pepper, set aside.
- Meanwhile in medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spread 2 cups beef sauce over bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange lasagna noodles lengthwise in single layer, breaking noodles to fit along side or end of the dish if needed.
- Spread entire ricotta cheese mixture over noodles; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and top with 1 ½ cups beef sauce.
- Arrange remaining noodles in single layer; press lightly into sauce.
- Top with remaining beef sauce.
- Bake 45 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top; tent lightly with aluminum foil.
- Let stand 15 minutes; cut into 12 (3 x 3-inch) squares.