This Broccoli Beef Strudel with Mozzarella is a delicious treat. I operate on the 80/20 principle. I figure if we eat very clean 80% of the time, an occasional shortcut or indulgence is not going to kill anyone. This recipe uses phyllo dough. You can make your own, but it is a fair amount of work. A quick search will turn up several gluten-free versions. This is an easy but elegant centerpiece. Combine with a large salad and a fruit dessert for a simple meal suitable for family or company.
(Nut Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Broccoli Beef Strudel with Mozzarella
- 1 1/2 pound Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- Salt pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli thawed, drained
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 oz phyllo dough thawed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Brown ground beef, garlic and onion in skillet, salt and peppering, then stirring until ground beef is crumbly.
- Mix in broccoli, cheese, sour cream and breadcrumbs.
- Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Place sheet of phyllo on waxed paper, brush with butter.
- Repeat with remaining dough, layering sheets.
- Spoon ground beef mixture evenly on half the dough.
- Roll up from ground beef side as for jellyroll.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet; brush with remaining butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.