This simple and delicious braised beef roast is easy to prepare and makes for a great family dinner. Can be made with a chuck roast, rump roast, or any other large cut of meat.
(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo, AIP Option, GAPS Options, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Braised Beef Roast
- 4-5 lb Alderspring organic grass fed beef chuck roast or any other large cut of grass-fed beef, fresh or thawed
- olive oil or butter
- 2 bulbs of fresh garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large onions
- vinegar or lemon juice
- Sprinkle roast liberally with salt and coarse pepper. Sear in hot olive oil or butter in a fry pan or Dutch oven (the latter is better because you can use it in the oven as well).
- Add 1 cup water, the bay leaves, and about 3 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice.
- Slice onions coarsely, brown in a bit of oil, and place on top of the meat. Coarsely chop all 2 bulbs of garlic and place on top of the onions.
- Bake 350 degrees F for about 2 hours, then turn the oven down to 250 degrees F and cook for another 3-5 hours before eating.