This simple grass fed brisket recipe creates a rich sauce while cooking that is excellent over wild or brown rice and topped with freshly chunked beefsteak tomatoes sprinkled with pepper. For those who are gluten free, a sorghum or rice beer works as well. You can make your own chili sauce (it’s easy) or use a purchased one. The alcohol in the beer and acid in the chili sauce help to tenderize the brisket as it cooks.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free)
Grass Fed Brisket in Beer
- 2 ½ - 3 lb beef Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Brisket
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 12 oz can of chili sauce
- 1 12 oz beer
- Place beef brisket, fat side down, in deep roasting pan.
- Sprinkle brisket with onion, pepper and garlic powder. Pour chili sauce over brisket.
- Cover tightly and cook in slow oven (300 degrees F) for 3 hours.
- Pour beer over brisket. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes.