This oven brisket recipe is reminiscent of barbecue brisket, without the grill. The coffee is a simple addition that adds depth and richness. After trying this recipe, I started adding coffee to many of my roasts. We use our own ketchup and chili sauce, but you can use a quality store-bought brand. This recipe is very quick, and while I usually make it in a Dutch oven pan in my oven, you could also use a slow cooker and let it cook all day. Briskets are extremely forgiving of long cooking times, and indeed are often improved by them, as long as the liquid does not dry out and as long as they are cooked at low temperatures. This recipe goes well with buttered egg noodles, cole slaw and beans (like a barbecue joint), or a crusty bread with a salad.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free)
Oven Brisket with Coffee
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coffee -- black
- 3-4 pound Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Brisket
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses you can use all honey if you have no molasses
- 1/3 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- In a large Dutch oven, brown meat on all sides in a little olive oil or butter.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over brisket. Cover and simmer on very low on stove top or in a 200 degree F oven for 5 hours, or until tender. Check liquid periodically.
- To serve, slice on the diagonal.
Pin and Share this Oven Brisket with Coffee Recipe!