(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
These easy, Maine-style, slow cooker baked beans are quick to prepare and provide a hot, filling meal at the end of the day. Pairs well with cornbread and a side of coleslaw.
For a GAPS option use navy beans.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- 1 lb beans Navy, Pea, or Great Northern
- 1 lb magnum fatty ground beef or 1 lb stew beef and 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 an onion diced
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Drain, rinse, and cover with fresh water.
- Simmer for about an hour.
- Drain again and combine the beans with the remaining ingredients; add boiling water to cover about 1/2 inch above the beans.
- Cook in a slow cooker for 6-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!