This is an easy beef kabob marinade recipe that you can whip up for those summer grilling parties! You can use either sirloin tip kabobs or stew beef for this recipe. Stew beef needs to marinate a bit longer because it’s not quite as tender as sirloin tip kabob meat. The wine in the marinade breaks the meat down and tenderizes it while the pomegranate adds an unexpected and slightly sweet flavor note (which also helps the meat caramelize on the outside)! Add a few veggies and you’ve got a full meal on a stick!
(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Pomegranate Marinated Grilled Kabobs
- 1/4 cup wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more for grilling
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper plus more for grilling
- 1 lb Alderspring sirloin tip kabobs or stew beef
- About 5 small white mushrooms chopped
- 1 small onion cut into chunks that can be skewered
- 1 green or red pepper chopped
- Skewers for grilling
- 2 hours before grilling (3 hours if you’re using stew beef): Combine the wine, olive oil, pomegranate juice, salt, and pepper. Add the kabobs or stew beef and stir well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour (2 hours for stew beef).
- Remove from refrigerator and marinate another hour on the counter.
- Heat the grill up. While the grill is heating, chop the mushrooms, onion, and pepper.
- Push individual chunks of marinated meat alternating with vegetables onto the skewers, then sprinkle well with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook, flipping occasionally, until the meat is browned and the vegetables are soft. Remove and serve!
Pin and share this Pomegranate Beef Kabob Marinade recipe!