This is a delicious homemade paleo barbecue sauce for all your grilling and beef cooking needs.
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free (use coconut aminos), Nut Free, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free, Primal, GAPs Friendly)
We call for barbecue sauce so often in these recipes that we figured it’s high time we posted a paleo barbecue sauce that is healthy and super easy to make. This paleo barbecue sauce contains just a few ingredients, all of which should be in your pantry. If you don’t have coconut aminos, you can use soy sauce, or you can order coconut aminos for a comparatively good price on amazon. You can also find coconut aminos in pretty much any health store (whole foods, co-ops, trader joes, you name it).
Paleo Barbecue Sauce
- 1 12 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Salt to taste (soy sauce is also saltier than coconut aminos, so season accordingly)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder or to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan on the stove on medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Cool completely and store in an airtight plastic container in the fridge.