Looking for quick ground beef recipes? Try this simple, hot ground beef French loaf sandwich. The surprise of the sour cream adds a delicious degree of creaminess. Great for brunch or supper, it could also be the hit of the Superbowl eat-a-thon or other informal gathering. It is especially a hit with kids. The key is the bread. You need a strong, crusty loaf with a lot of body to stand up to the density and moisture of the toppings. Try a whole grain or a sour dough loaf from an artisanal bakery, or make a loaf yourself. For you gluten-free folks, try the hamburger bun recipe on our daughter Linnaea’s gluten free recipe site.
(Nut Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Quick Ground Beef Recipes: Sour Cream French Loaf
- 1 loaf crusty French bread whole wheat or sourdough will stand up to the topping load
- 1 1/2 –2 lbs Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- Chopped green onions
- Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef.
- Mix in sour cream, onion powder and garlic.
- Split French bread lengthwise.
- Spread half of the mixture on each half.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and chopped green onions and finish with a liberal sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degree F until cheese melts.
Pin and Share Quick Ground Beef Recipes: Sour Cream Ground Beef French Loaf!
Leave a Reply