Yesterday for Cowboy Ethan’s birthday we used this grilled sockeye salmon recipe and cooked up some of that wonderful Copper River Sockeye Salmon. Along with a big salad, roasted sweet potatoes, and some tiramisu made by daughter Abby for dessert, it was quite a feast! Here’s the recipe Glenn used for that salmon! If you want to keep things simple on the seasonings, just substitute 2 tablespoons of Montreal steak seasoning for all of the seasonings listed (including the garlic).
(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Grilled Ginger Lemon Sockeye Salmon
- 1 medium-sized fillet of wild by nature sockeye salmon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 clove garlic crushed and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt coarse
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Lay the salmon face up on a cutting board. Sprinkle the ginger, garlic, and seasonings evenly over the salmon. Spoon the 1 tablespoon of lemon juice evenly over the salmon.
- Using your hands, gently rub the seasonings and lemon juice into the salmon.
- Put the salmon, skin down, on the grill (there's enough natural fat in the skin to prevent it from sticking to the grill).
- Grill about 5 minutes per side, until the salmon is lighter in color and the inside temperature is around 130 degrees F in the thickest part of the fish.
- Remove from heat, slice into fifths, and serve.
Pin and share this Grilled Ginger Lemon Sockeye Salmon Recipe!