These stuffed hamburgers reach new levels of grilled awesomeness with some fresh tomatoes and peppers mixed with olives and feta cheese. Go shopping in your garden (or your local farmer’s market) to add some bright summer flavors to your burger grilling this week!
For a Paleo option leave out the feta cheese.
I recently got a spanking new grill that just had to be tested out. It’s a little weber gas grill, and though many say that charcoal grilling makes for better flavor (and I think I agree with them), a little grill like mine is quicker, more portable, and just plain easier to use and clean. Perfect to shove in the back of a pickup and take anywhere. We have a slightly less awesome (read: destructable) grill that is equally portable up on the range this year. That little grill has been packed on horseback from one camp to the next and used to cook countless sausages and burgers. Pan-fried meat tastes good, but nothing beats the flavor you’ll get from a good grillfest.
The new weber passed with flying colors making these stuffed hamburgers with feta cheese, olives, and fresh tomatoes and green peppers. I think with burgers like these we’ll be grilling year round.
(Gluten Free, Grain Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Stuffed Hamburgers with Tomato, Feta, and Olives
- 1 lb Alderspring regular or fatty ground beef
- Half a green or red bell pepper
- About 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- About 10 olives chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix together (using your hands works best).
- Divide the meat into 4-6 burgers.
- Place on medium-high grill (temp may vary depending on grill and whether or not you're using charcoal).
- Grill for about 15 minutes, flipping as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply