Here’s part 2 of Basic Pot Roast Variations! Check out these other variations for more ideas on how to cook a pot roast. You can make this roast with practically any roast from the Alderspring store.
Also, check out Basic Pot Roast Variations (Part 1) for more variations!
(Gluten Free Option, Paleo Option, GAPS Option, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free Option, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Basic Pot Roast Variations (Part 2)
- 4 lb Alderspring organic grass fed beef pot roast of choice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- cooking vegetables for flavoring e.g., onions, celery, carrots, garlic
- Other vegetables to serve on the side e.g., potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips; add about 2 hours before roast is finished
- ¾ -1 ½ cups liquid wine, tomatoes, vegetable broth, etc.
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- herbs and other seasonings as desired see variations below
- Season the flour with the basic seasonings and pound the mixture into the meat with the edge of a plate or a meat pounder.
- Brown meat on all sides in the oil.
- Add the onions, garlic or celery, cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Add the herbs, seasonings and liquid. Cover tightly and bake 325 degrees F oven for 5 hours, or up to 8-12 hrs in a crock pot on low setting.
- Add other vegetables (starchy ones like carrots or potatoes) about 2 hours before roast is done.