You’ve reached this page if you’ve already subscribed to our newsletter but can’t quite remember what was in that 3F pack. Here are the details on that as a refresher!
The 3F is actually the lowest price per lb deal we offer, and it’s known only to you newsletter readers. It’s a package of assorted steaks, ground, roasts, and other cuts for you to try.
These are all great certified organic Alderspring cuts from the same beef as our premium cuts, but these are ones that had slight imperfections that prevented us from selling at top value. This is actually the beef we eat ourselves! Most of the problems are aesthetic, meaning the cut doesn’t look perfect enough for our rigorous standards, or maybe there’s some ice crystallization inside the package, but it still tastes the same! This is a great value pack for a family who just wants amazing healthy food and doesn’t care about a perfect-looking steak.
Included in the regular 3F pack (scroll down for what’s in the Steak Special version):
- 5 lbs of Alderspring ground (may include sirloin, brisket, round, chuck, or patties).
- 1 small roast between 2-4 lbs (may be a chuck roast, tri tip, rump roast, brisket, or eye of round).
- 3-4 nice steaks from the NY, Ribeye, Delmonico, and Tenderloin group. As mentioned above, these are steaks that didn’t quite make our rigorous quality standards to sell at full price. For instance, they might have a little frost in the package (not enough to impact flavor) or be cut imperfectly, or they might not have perfect marbling to be sold as premium steaks. These are still top-flavor steaks from the same beef as our regular steaks, but you get them at the highest discount we offer.
- Several other cuts to reach 15 lbs total: for example, stew beef, kabobs, and/or small steaks (London Broils, top sirloins, or sirloin tips). You can also let us know in the order comments if you’d like any of the following instead of these assorted steaks/stew (we can’t guarantee we’ll have these but we will check):
- Our paleo cured products, like sausages, hotdogs, and sandwich meats.
- Chicken or pork (sometimes we have extra of these that didn’t quite make the cut for full price).
- Organ meats like kidney or tongue that we’re unable to sell at full price because of air trapped in the package during vacuum sealing. These aren’t freezer-burnt or otherwise compromised, but are no longer full value.
What’s in The Steak Special 3F
This freezer filler is the steak upgrade version of the 15 lbs found in the basic 3F. It’s a little pricier due to the upgraded steak content, and all can conveniently be grilled handily as opposed to the regular 3F which includes roast preparation.
Included in this pack:
- 6 nicer steaks which are specifically 3-4 NY strips and 2-3 ribeye steaks or Delmonicos.
- One of the 4 flat steaks; that’s either a flatiron, sirloin flap, a flank or skirt.
- 6 lbs of our premium grind
- The remainder will be less expensive steak cuts, which will be predominantly sirloin steaks.
- All certified organic, all 100 percent grass fed, raised and finished by us on Alderspring.
As with the original 3F, steaks found in this package have been selected out of our premium steaks as they have at least one attribute that makes them a less than premium steak. It might be the fact that the steak is leaner, or has an uneven cut. Perhaps the package has a slight bubbling to it, or a ribeye doesn’t look like the state of Idaho. Any of these things can put it out of the running for Alderspring grade “A” or premium. But that is the advantage you’ll find in the 3FSS; it’s 15 lbs of Alderspring goodness. Imperfect? Perhaps. But perfect for your palate? Absolutely.
So that’s the info on the 3F! It often sells out of stock quickly on our store, so get it while it’s in available.