A quick and easy recipe, the combination of chives, sauces, and fresh herbs gives this steak diane quite a depth of flavor. You can substitute ribeyes, New Yorks, or tenderloins in this recipe as needed. Great for grilling in the summer or pan-frying indoors in the colder winter months.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free)
- 2 Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Filet Mignon Steaks or Alderspring Organic Grass Fed New York Steaks or Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Rib Eye Steaks
- 3 tablespoons shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley well minced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives minced
- Combine shallots, parsley, sherry, cognac, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and chives. Coat steaks well with this mixture before broiling or grilling.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom. When the oil is hot place the steaks in the skillet, taking care to avoid any hot oil splatters. The pan and oil should be hot enough that the steaks sizzle when they hit the pan.
- Sear steaks well on both sides. Reduce the heat and continue to cook the steaks until the internal temperature of the steaks reaches 143 degrees F (or 138 degrees F if your steak is thinner than 1 1/4 inch thick). Remove the steaks from the skillet, place on a plate, and cover with a stainless steel bowl or aluminum foil. Let the steaks rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Preheat your grill. Place steaks on the grill. Once dark brown grill lines have appeared on the undersides of the steaks, turn them over using tongs.
- Insert a thermometer into the steaks to check their internal temperatures. Once the internal temperature of the steaks reaches 143 degrees F (or 138 degrees F if your steak is thinner than 1 1/4 inch thick) remove the steaks from the grill. Place steaks on a plate and cover with a stainless steel bowl or aluminum foil. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!