Though skirt and flank steaks are delicious when grilled or pan-fried, this slow-cooked, marinated version is unique skirt or flank steak recipe that takes minimal effort. Just put it in the slow-cooker and forget about it! Not to mention that if you have any leftovers, this skirt/flank steak recipe makes for great pull-apart sandwich meat that can be reheated the next day! Or you could just serve it for dinner with onions and veggies…either way, you can’t lose with this flavorful, easy meal!
(Gluten free, grain free, paleo, primal, egg free, nut free, refined sugar free, whole30, GAPs stage 5).
By the way…if you want more awesome beef cooking secrets (for example, how not to ruin a beautiful cut of beef by slicing it wrong), as well as lots of great beef recipes for no-fuss dinners, join the Meathacker newsletter below!
Slow Cooker Garlic Cumin Skirt or Flank Steak Recipe
- 1 medium-sized Alderspring skirt steak or flank steak
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon your favorite Italian seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- ½ cup water
- Combine all ingredients except the onions and water and place in a medium-sized bowl. Marinate for about 2 hours in the refrigerator or overnight.
- When marinating is done, cut the onions and dump into the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the marinated steak and then pour on the water. Cover, and cook on medium low heat for around 6 hours until dinner. If you run out of water, pour in more.
- Serve with the onions and some roasted vegetables on the side, on sandwiches, or reheat later for a sandwich!