You can put this easy, flavorful, and not too spicy slow cooker flank steak in the slow cooker in the morning and let it cook unattended all day! Serve as an entree with a side of fresh guacamole, in corn tortillas topped with lettuce and avocado, or over hot rice or quinoa.
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
South of the Border Flank Steak
- 1 12- oz Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Flank Steak
- 3 to matillos fresh or canned
- 1 10- oz. can whole baby corn on the cob drained
- 1 small mild red onion coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- Remove husk and stem from tomatillos, if necessary. Place drained corn on the cob and onion in the bottom of 2 or 3-quart slow cooker. Top with steak and tomatillos. Sprinkle with pepper and cilantro. Pour wine over.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove steak and slice crosswise across grain into thin strips.
Pin and share this South of the Border Slow Cooker Flank Steak Recipe!