This tri tip recipe is the perfect way for cooking tri tip roasts to juicy perfection! Not to mention that this 45 minute, 5 ingredient tri tip recipe is paleo, GAPs, and more!
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, GAPs, AIP, Whole30, Egg Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Paleo, Primal, Low FODMAP).
The difference between cooking tri tip roasts versus other roasts (besides the eye of round) is that a tri tip is a dry roast. Because they are leaner than, say, chuck roasts, cooking tri tip roasts low and slow in the traditional roast method makes them about as moist as shoe leather. Cooked more quickly and allowed to stay pink on the inside, however, and a tri tip can be flavorful, tender, and beautifully crusty on the outside.
By the way–if you want more awesome beef cooking secrets (for example, two other tasty ways to cook a tri tip), as well as lots of great beef recipes for no-fuss dinners, join our newsletter below!
So here’s what we do when cooking tri tip roasts. This is a super easy, simple recipe with just a few ingredients. Try this tri tip recipe at your next dinner party!
Simple Tri Tip Roast Recipe (just 5 ingredients!)
- 1 Alderspring Ranch Grass Fed Organic Tri Tip Roast
- 2 teaspoons large crystal salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- About 1 spring worth fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub the tri tip with the salt, ground pepper, chopped rosemary leaves, and fresh rosemary until it is evenly coated. Place the tri tip in a well-oiled medium sized cast iron pan (we use olive oil) and pan fry on the stovetop on medium high heat for about 5-7 minutes per side, until each side is lightly browned. You can also choose to grill your tri tip at this point to get the initial brown on the exterior. Just be sure to grill it hot and fast so that you don’t cook it too much on the interior. Also, just lightly brown the tri tip, as it will brown more in the oven.
- Remove the tri tip from heat and place in the hot oven (before putting in the oven, you may have to add a bit more oil to the pan). Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes until the interior temperature of the roast measures between 135-145 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, rest for five minutes like you would a steak, slice, and serve. Enjoy.