This easy shoulder tender steak recipe makes for a fresh and light meal seasoned with garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
(Gluten Free, Primal, Soy Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
The shoulder tender is a beautiful cut. As the name suggests, this often underappreciated cut has tenderness comparable to higher-end steaks.The shoulder tender is not at all heavy or fatty, and has the flavor to stand on its own without marinating or heavy seasonings. This garlic rubbed shoulder tender is coated in just a few fresh herbs to give the steak a vibrant summer flavor without weighing it down. A few of these shoulder tenders served with some salad or stir fried veggies will make the perfect dinner.
By the way…if you want more awesome beef cooking secrets (more shoulder tender recipes, for instance), as well as lots of great beef recipes for no-fuss dinners, join the Meathacker newsletter below!
Garlic Herb Shoulder Tender
- 1 shoulder tender steak
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary chopped (about 1 tbsp worth)
- 2-4 sprigs thyme chopped (about 1 tbsp worth)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons butter for cooking
- Rub the chopped rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper onto the shoulder tender. Heat a pan to medium high heat and grease with 1 tablespoon of butter. Place the shoulder tender in the pan and pan fry for about 10-15 minutes, flipping occasionally as needed and adding more butter if the pan dries out. Cook to 130 for rare, 135 for medium rare, and 140 for well done.
Want to share or save this Shoulder Tender Steak Recipe? Here’s a pinterest-ready image!