Short marinating time and simple ingredients make this flavorful flank steak recipe ready to serve in less than an hour. Double the marinade and add mixed pre-cooked stir fry vegetables (such as green onions, sugar snap peas, red peppers, bok choy, or cabbage) for a complete meal in a wok.
(Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Sesame Flank Steak Recipe
- 1 12- oz Alderspring Organic Grass Fed Flank Steak
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil optional
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Partially thaw steak and slice across the grain as thinly as possible (if fresh, freeze slightly before slicing).
- Toast sesame seeds in a hot skillet until brown.
- Place the steak strips in a bowl with sesame seeds, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil (if using), hot pepper flakes, black pepper and salt. Toss to coat the steak with ingredients. Let set in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wide skillet or wok over high heat for 30 seconds. Add vegetable oil and heat several seconds more so it becomes very hot. Add the steak strips and marinade to the pan and stir briskly until they have browned all over.
- Serve with or on top of hot cooked rice.