This easy Pomegranate Wine Marinated Beef Flatiron Steak is very tender and full of rich wine flavor.
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free, GAPs Friendly, AIP, Paleo, Grain Free).Click here to skip to the recipe!
The flatiron is already one of the most tender of the flat steaks (such as skirt, flank, and blade), and we like to think of it as one of beef’s best-kept secrets. The flavor and tenderness of a flatiron can rival that of a New York. We like to throw them on the grill with just some simple salt and pepper, but to kick it up a notch and bring on the ultimate flavor, try this red wine and pomegranate marinade! The wine adds a little extra flavor depth while the pomegranate takes the bite of the wine off a bit. Serve this marinated beef flatiron steak up with some simple roasted veggies on the side, and you’ve got a new go-to weeknight dinner!
Pomegranate Wine Marinated Beef Flatiron Steak
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
flatiron steak,a flank steak, blade steak, or skirt steakworks too!
- Combine all the ingredients except the steak in a medium-sized bowl. Pour off about 1/3 cup of the marinade mixture into a saucepan to make into a sauce later. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook your steak.
- Meanwhile, put the steak into the bowl with the remaining marinade and stir until covered. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and marinate for 3 hours minimum or overnight.
- When you’re ready to grill, remove the steak from the marinade and allow excess marinade to drip off. Place the steak on the grill and grill for about 5 minutes per side, until nicely browned. To check for doneness, 130 degrees F for rare, 135 for medium rare, and 140 for well done.
- As the steak is grilling, heat the saucepan with the remaining marinade in it to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes as the steak cooks. When you serve the steak, drizzle with pomegranate wine sauce and slice the steak against the grain.
Leave a Reply